Thursday, January 19, 2012

28-Reactions From Abraham To Joseph:

   I heard from my grandmother and father that my grandfather Salem had a younger brother called Abraham. On his death bead he returned from his absence to tell Abraham to look after his boy Elsadek. The attendant found it strange because there was a baby in the lap of his wife that should have been taken this well. They told him their minds but he didn't reply and died. Elsadek my father said to me, My father did so because I was the only one of my brothers who was interested in the farming of our land. My brothers didn't like farming and learned other jobs. 
   When I joined the M.T.College I knew that the general was called Abraham Saleem. He was an engineer and he was the one who established that college to benefit the military forces with the superior minds of Egypt. So in the adds of that college they wrote,"The Scientists of Future". In the first day this general received us in the land of the battalion and welcomed us as new cadets with high words. Just after he left the barbers started their work with our heads. The chief of all cadets of the college was Abraham Victorious.
   One day the chief cadet of my company said to me a very weird thing. When we was in the period of new cadets he went to Abraham Victorious to handle him the count with my name as absent. He frowned and said to him,"Don't you ever again write this one absent.Understand!"  So I was counted as attendant in every assembly until the period of new cadets finished.
    When that period finished I wore the military uniform and returned to Alexandria to my parents. Near my home a man called Abu Abraham met me. As he was unable to distinguish between a cadet and a soul in the army he said,"Congratulation Reverend Soul"  I wished I could correct him. But I smiled and shook his hand with thanks and left. My father was very proud of me. The wonder that should be told here is that my grandfather was an official guard in the village, and my father was a policeman in Alexandria, and I became an officer in the army.  
    In the time of the new period I passed by an event with the lentil. Once I was sitting on the table of food with other students and the old student noticed that I didn't eat the lentil. He asked me,Why didn't you    eat the lentil? I replied, I don't like it. He said, in our military life we accept all foods, eat the lentil. I said, I don't like it and I didn't eat it with my family. He spoke with anger, eat it now, if you disobey I will punish you and make you a show for all cadets. I obeyed and I ate under his watch. For my surprise I found out it was very delicious. So from that time on the lentil became my best food on the table. 
   When I was a child of four years my parents were living in a house adjacent to the house of the uncle of my mother who was called Laban relative to his work in selling the milk. His wife was very tender to me. Whenever she saw me she took me inside and gave me a glass of milk. They used to breed the sheep on the roof of their house. But several times the conflict rose between Al Laban and my father because of the electricity which we took from him. Also the conflict rose between my father and the owner of the house because of our relative. So my father had to transfer us to another house. It was for a man called Abu Salama ( Is he well?)
   When I was a boy of 10 years I had friendship with a student from the primary school. His name was Mizo The Father of All. I visited him home many times and he did the same to me. He continued with me in the preparatory school then the relation was cut. Then the relation with his big brother started with me when he met me in the public center of culture. I liked his cultured mind.
    When I was in the third year in the M.T. College a fellow cadet came suddenly, while I was speaking with others, and pushed me to the ground and fixed me. I struggled with him and pushed him away, "Why?" " I play with you." " You are crazy."  The result was very bad to my knee so that I lamed several days before I recovered.
   When I was in the secondary school I returned home and I felt sad to see my father inside the well of wastes of our house to empty it. I was sad that I was unable to cooperate with him because I had studied the microbes. Later I told him about the microbes. He said, leave it to Allah; he can save me.
     In the days of my MT College, once I spent the weekend at my uncle and cousins in Almaady. While I was walking with my uncle to go back to the college a group of high class girls on the side of the road said loudly," Oh how smart!" The surprise bewildered me. When we passed I asked my uncle, What is your opinion? He replied with a bad word I can't repeat.
     When I became a new officer in the first unit the Leader gathered all officers and appointed me the officer  responsible for the store of food and kitchen. I said, Did I studied engineering for five years to get a job like this? He said, you should get management experience in all the affairs of the military life in the start. 
     When I was in the Navy College as a teacher in the department of signal the leader once said to other officers standing with him, This Salem is genius, you can't predict what he can do in the future. I saluted him, Thanks sir for this high trust in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment